Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 13 September 2016

New Dye Project

Hi Everyone
Another little treat for me today - I've found another dye project. This time I'm going to dye some cotton yarn which will become a cowl/neck warmer. It's a lovely item when it's knitted up. I don't think the photo does it justice. I've seen a completed version at my Knit Group. The item should come together quite quickly when I've done the dye bit. This experiment is just that - I'm hoping to develop some colours inspired by my little mood board -

                                   

The colours I'm going for are a blue/grey colour along with navy,burnt orange and a deep claret. I'm hoping I can mix the right colours and make a good job of the dye process. My photo shows the current colour of the yarn (bottom left). After dying, I will knit up the design, however, I'm not hugely taken with the long fringe and may leave it off altogether ? The yarn (top right) will eventually become a poncho - more on that at a later date.

This dye job is quite a challenge for me. Wish me luck. As usual I will report my outcomes.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment