Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 29 September 2016

Printing Experiments

Hi Everyone
I'm sharing the results of a little stamp making experiment today. 
This project will form the basis for a series of workshops focussing on printing and dying over the next few months, very exciting ! In the first phase, we are going to make and use some simple stamps to develop surface pattern design. I think, we will develop gift tags, decoupage papers and printed fabric pieces (Fat Quarter size) ; although this may all change ?
I've dabbled with this technique before and love the whole idea of printing - I've had such a good time producing these simple little stamps from soft erasers and basic carving tools, I'd forgotten how much I like printing.
 Using colour is a very important element of the project and hopefully in the workshops we can experiment with lots of combinations and inspire each other. Here is a quick look at my initial samples :

                                 

                                 

I'm not sure which is my favourite ? I love the row of houses but maybe the bottom fish has it ? I'm going to spend a bit more time on this project today, so may have something more to share tomorrow.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment