Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 28 June 2018

Fibre Friday (29/6/18)

Hi Everyone 
My Fibre Friday report today is very weak ! I’ve been concentrating on my crochet CAL (read back last week for more on the CAL) and have not had much time for anything else, Fibre related. I have done a little work on my Astrantia Socks, these socks were featured here a few weeks ago. I have a little more to knit on the second sock. My aim is to complete the socks in the next few days.

Back to the main story, the crochet CAL has been a challenge. I’ve coped ok with the actual pattern and the ability to read and understand what to follow. However, my ability to count and keep check on the stitches is proving almost impossible for me. Every single row seems to either grow or reduce by one or two stitches. I’m so careful with each row and almost all the rows are not quite correct the first time. I’m determined to get this one right, so I will carry on and hopefully my skills will improve. It’s about the ability to read my crochet - I can do this well with knitting but crochet seems to be difficult for me. I like the development of the shawl so far. The colours of the yarn are really pretty and work beautifully together.

               

I’m not totally into the stripes but I’ll go with it and hopefully the end design will work.

My next little project will be a design by Kate Davies called Polkagris Kerchief. This is a tiny striped scarf. I’m planning to use mustard and blue for my stripes. I need to find a suitable yarn - I think I may have an idea. If my plans works out, I should be ready to start in a few days. I’ll share my little project next time.

I’m off on a mini holiday next week so will be back on the 11/7/18.
Thanks for calling in. Have a great weekend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment