Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 7 October 2019

My Woodbine Sweater Moves On ...

Hi Everyone 
My Woodbine Sweater has moved on ! Check out the background story here . 
Last week, I’d decided to knit the remaining sweater sections (sides and sleeves) in a repurposed grey yarn. Things have changed ! Having spent time, over the weekend, delving into my stash. Ive have found some more navy fibre to spin. The fibre is a Merino /Bamboo mix. This idea has turned the project into something quite different !

            

I’m pleased with the new spin element, so far. However, there is still not enough yarn to complete my sweater. That’s it, as far as navy fibre of navy yarn exist in my stash ! I have a few options, all of which involve dyeing. 
So, my next plan is to dye some undyed fibre or dye some undyed pre spun yarn. If I dye the pre spun stuff, things will move on, relatively quickly. 
The idea would be to ply my navy spinning (the yarn in my photo story above)with the pre spun stuff to give me an Aran weight yarn. I intend to complete the sides and sleeves of the sweater with this new yarn and could be on my way to completing the project. If, I go for more spinning with dyed fibre, things would take much longer and involve much more work. Im struggling to see the advantages right now ? 
At the moment, I’m leaning towards the first idea. My thoughts are that, I could always use the dyed pre spun yarn for lots of other projects if the yarn doesn’t work for the Woodbine job. Navy is always my favourite colour for most occasions and will definitely be used. My concerns involve dying the colour, generally. I’ve has previous issues with dying a true Navy colour. However, I’m ready to give the dye plan, a go.
If all fails re the dye job, I will buy some yarn to ply my hand spun yarn. I’m sure at can live with whatever happens. All very exciting and such things keep me happy !

I’ll share any developments as they happen.
Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment