Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 11 October 2019

Beads for Bracelets

Hi Everyone 
Today, I’m sharing a few little beads. These beads will form part of a range of bracelets. For this Collection, I’m taking inspiration from fabric and sewing projects. All the beads will be made from polymer clay. I’m using polymer because it’s great for creating lightweight beads as well as being amazingly versatile for creating all kinds of shapes.

              
Much of my own wardrobe is blue. It’s a colour I come back to all the time. So, there are lots of plans to produce ‘blue’ bracelets. The beads for this particular bracelet are simple, small and roundish. This time, they will string onto an elastic thread. I love these type of bracelets, very easy to wear and can be stacked to give lots of variations.
My process is to identify a piece of fabric or an item of clothing and use this for creating the colours and surface patterns of the beads. The Blue Collection is well underway and I’m already looking at moving into teals and greens for the next batch. I’m experimenting with creating innovative ways of getting the surface pattern onto my clay as well as introducing silver into the Collections. There will be different styles of closures but I do want to concentrate on producing simple stretchy bracelets and make beautiful colours and patterns. I’ll share new developments often.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend. I’ll be back on Monday with more Making stories.


No comments:

Post a Comment