Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 8 October 2019

Woodbine Sweater Continues

Hi Everyone 
Exciting developments. I have dyed a few hanks of yarn for my Woodbine Sweater job as per the suggestion from yesterday. Everything has gone well. I was anxious about getting a Navy colour but I have managed to do that. It’s not quite as dark as it could be but I’m sure it will be fine. The yarn took all the dye immediately (in the dye process) and it’s such a good feeling when there’s no dye residue when rinsing. 

              

I’ve used a BFL yarn for my dye job so the resulting batch is very soft and squishy - just right for plying with my hand spun stuff. I need to keep going with spinning so I can get going with the knitting. I’m hoping to complete the spin element by the end of the week. I’ll ply this new yarn with the hand spun and then it’s back to knitting the remaining part of the sweater. Read back here for more details of the knit project.

I’ll update progress by the end of the week.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment