Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 10 October 2019

Gift Knitting

Hi Everyone 
My official gift knitting plan is underway. I’m not mentioning the C word but you will know what I’m talking about.  I’ve chosen the yarn and a pattern for a pair of men’s socks. I have a couple of people that are knitworthy, so only have two pairs of socks to make. I’m usually starting this job in November but I’m giving myself a bit more time, this year. My first pair of socks will be a self striping yarn in greens and blues with a contrast heel, toe and cuff. The plain yarn is a sock yarn from West Yorkshire Spinners, not sure of the colour name ? I think, it’s Juniper. The striped yarn is King Cole Zig Zag in the Michigan colour. Both yarns have been sitting in my stash for quite some time.

           

I’m using a new pattern, to me. It’s the Wise Hilda’s Basic Ribbed Sock by Kate Atherley. I simply searched for free patterns on Ravelry and this was the first one that came up. The pattern is fairly standard and follows the basic sock pattern that I would normally knit, other than an overall rib pattern. 
There’s not much more to say on this one. I should be able to make good progress over the weekend and I’ll start looking in my stash for a second ball of wool to start the next pair of socks. I have lots of sock yarn and am doing quite well with not buying new stuff, this will reduce the stash, a little !
I’ll let you know how the pattern turns out.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment