Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 1 October 2019

Spinning to Knitting

Hi Everyone 
Moving on from yesterday’s news about my latest spinning project, I’ve swatched for the sweater ‘to be’.

                

My new sweater will be Woodbine by Fiona Alice. You can find all the details about the finished sweater here on Ravelry. I’m adapting the pattern to accommodate my yarn. I’m not entirely sure how things will turn out, as yet ? The key to my design will be how far I can make my ‘me spun’ yarn go. Take a look at my yarn here
The first job has been to swatch the lace element. As you can see from my photos story, I’ve tried 5mm and 6.5mm needles for my swatch and it’s seems to 6.5mm is the one. 
I’m holding my yarn with a navy mohair (as per the pattern) and I’m getting a lovely rich, dark, squishy fabric. I will cast on for the lace section today and am very excited to see how things turn out.
As I’m working with the lace section, I will experiment with a couple of yarns in my stash to determine which yarn colour I can use for the remaining part of the sweater. The whole sweater is knitted with the navy mohair as a second strand, throughout. My preference at the moment will be a grey colour although maybe a navy would be better ? I’ll swatch to check ‘the look’.

Thanks for calling in today.





No comments:

Post a Comment