Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 21 October 2019

Spin to Knit Project

Hi Everyone 
After my recent success with spinning for knitting (see the details of the project here); I’ve started another. This time, I’m using a smaller amount of fibre for the spin and pairing it with a repurposed (to be) batch of ready made yarn. My previous project is well underway, I have the sleeves and the neckband to complete - there will be more on the project later this week.
Getting back to the new project, I’m using a very different fibre for the spin part of the project. This time it’s a carded Perendale fibre, dyed in a beautiful bright green/yellow shade called Lichen. I’ve only just started the spin but it’s going OK. I need to adjust the ‘feel’ of this spin compared to the previous experience. This time the fibre is a medium coarse wool resulting from a cross between Romney and Cheviot sheep.

              



I need to undo the majority of the yarn for my new project, currently a sweater garment. I’ll provide details of the project later this week, after I undo the sweater. My plan is to spend some time spinning - a short session each day. I will also make time to undo the sweater, soak the yarn and prepare for the new knitting project. Hopefully, I’ll be able to launch my new knit in a week or so.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment