Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 23 October 2019

Ready to Wear

Hi Everyone 
Finally, I’ve managed to refit the shirt/blouse. The original idea was introduced here on the blog a few weeks ago. I shortened the length of the garment and the sleeves. 

              
I took the cuffs off the garment and refitted them with several pleats (at the wrist). Although the job took a while, most of the time was taken up with undoing the previous stitching and making decisions. I’ve kept the body width of the item and this results in a boxy, relaxed fit. I like this fit and it seems to work well with layering for colder days (I’m wearing a long sleeved T shirt under the blouse/shirt in my photo story). Originally, I had thought about adding darts to give a closer body fit. I’m happy to have gone for the relaxed fit, I’m convinced I will wear the shirt/ blouse more.
The shirt/blouse fabric is an interesting London Underground print in a lovely soft fabric, easy to wear and a useful everyday garment. I do like the transformation job. The recycling idea was central to this project and has reinforced my intentions to continue recycling more items from my wardrobe. So, more recycling plans are required !

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment