Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 14 October 2019

Knitting News

Hi Everyone 
More news to report about my latest sweater project. This sweater, Woodbine by Fiona Alice is probably about a third of the way into being made. Perhaps more, if I count in the spinning job. This is a big project for me. I’ve hand spun most of the yarn (I used a ready made yarn for one of the ply sections) and everything has gone well, so far. My only slight reservation (at this point) is the width of the central panels now they have been blocked. The pattern is ready to knit out from the sides of the front and back panels. If my panels are not quite wide enough, I should be able to compensate by knitting a little more on each side, I hope ? I’ve no evidence to support the idea that the panels are not wide enough, it’s just how it looks to me.

            

I’m very pleased with the development of the yarn. Spinning for a whole sweater is quite a big deal for me. I am fine with thinking of a partial spin but a whole sweater is something else ! Over the weekend, I’ve soaked and dried around 400gm of yarn. It’s wound into three cakes and ready to start the sides. My next job is to pick up stitches along the length of the front and back sides and start producing the sides of the sweater. Hopefully, I. An start that job later today.

Thanks for calling in today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment