Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 22 October 2019

Knitting Update

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing progress with my current sweater knit today, the Woodbine Sweater by Fiona Alice. Check out my introductions to the project
here and here. The project has gone well so far. I’ve hand spun the majority of the yarn and hand dyed the bit that wasn’t hand spun. Generally, it’s a from scratch project. The size seems good so far, although, I’m slightly anxious that the length of the sweater maybe slightly longer than I’d hoped ! It’s difficult to tell how the final fit will work out, until I’ve knitted more of the sleeves.


          

The sides of the sweater have been created around the central lace panels and I’ve made a start with the sleeves. The sides of the sweater are closed with a three needle bind off, this is a particularly satisfying technique for closing seams and leaves a beautifully neat finish.
I need to complete the sleeves and add the neckband. The published sweater design incorporates a lace pattern on each sleeve, I’m not so keen on this element. My plan is to knit a plain stocking stitch sleeve. I do need to recalculate the stitch number for the sleeves. I’m not quite sure how they will work at the moment ? I’ll spend some time today working out the plan. The final job will be a simple rib for the neckband.
This sweater has been a great project. Considering the hand spun element, I’m quite pleased with the progress I’ve made. I’m hoping the fit will be good. If it’s not perfect, I’ll probably need to rip it out and start again ! I’ll get a sense of that today, so fingers crossed. 

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment