Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 2 October 2019

Wearing Hilda

Hi Everyone 
I’m finally there. Hilda is ready to wear, she has been ready for over a week. Take a look at the whole Hilda story is here and here

               

Hilda has worked out as planned and fits well. I do think it’s very much a Summer garment. I did think I could add some tights, boots and a cosy wool sweater to turn Hilda into a Winter thing - I’m not quite sure I can do this now ? I certainly need a few tops and sweaters to compliment the idea.

I do like the Hilda design and can see the idea being transferred to a lightweight wool fabric. There needs to be an element of drape and perhaps pockets are something which would be good ? I like the length of the skirt, I did wonder if a longer version would be better for a Winter version ? I’ll keep thinking about that.

My next sewing project is a recycled shirt hack, I mentioned the idea here on the blog, last month. I don’t think the project is a big job - famous last words ! Hopefully, I’ll get my blouse underway later today. I’ll share progress here on the blog.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment