Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 25 October 2019

The Poly Gem Project

Hi Everyone 
Following yesterday’s post, I’ve been working on developing my bezel cups for the latest poly gems. I’m sharing one of the cups in my photo story.. The photo story shows the very first stages of the constructed bezel cup job. There’s still lots of finishing required, however, you can see how the idea will work with one of the rings. I think, there will be three rings in total ?

             

I’m going to add closed rings to several of the other cups and attach a chain for pendants. I have learned lots about the poly gem developments for the future with this project. The size is important and I needed to spend lots of time dressing the stone in the photo story. Both the edges and the base of the poly gem needed lots of filing, in future - this needs to be done at the clay moulding stage. I think, a better approach is the create a range of bezel cups and make poly gems to fit rather than the approach I took this time ie creating the cup around the gem.
Generally, I’m quite pleased with how the stones are working with the silver ring. The ring is not that big, slightly disappointed about this, but will be lovely. I think, this ring is destined for me !

Thanks for calling in today. 
Have a great weekend. 
I’m off on a family trip next week, so will be back on Monday 4/11/19 with more Making stories.


No comments:

Post a Comment