Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 17 October 2019

Enamelled Poly Gems

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing the results of a little experiment with enamelled Poly Gems today. These little gems are part of my Blue Collection ideas. They will be turned into bezel gems for a ring and a pendant. The basic gem (in my photo story) is made of polymer clay and finished off with an enamelled layer.

                

I’m using my favourite blue colour but will experiment with more colours later today. I like the idea of reds and greens. However, I have to say, I do love the blue colour and the way it works with the dark clay, I’ll test out a few different clay colours to compare.
My next step with these particular gems is to shape the gems and make customised sterling silver bezel cups. I’ll add one of the bezels to a ring and give the other a closed ring to attach to a chain. I’m not sure about the final size of the gems ? I’ll work on the shapes until I get something which works. At the moment, the gems are quite big (approximately 2cm diameter) - when they are sanded, I will probably loose around 0.5cm. I’m not particularly keen on a standard shape, so I’ll go with whatever feels right when I shape my polygem. I’ll share the results as I go.

Thanks for calling in today.





No comments:

Post a Comment