Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 4 October 2019

Knitting News

Hi Everyone 
I have a little knitting progress to share today. I started my latest sweater project last week using me Made yarn. I’m thrilled with the outcome. This yarn has been lovely to knit and I’m quite surprised how far it’s going. One of my concerns was that I wouldn’t have enough. As it’s turned out, there is more than enough to produce my initial plan. You can read about the pre knitting job as well as the plans here , here and here.

                 
It’s all come together beautifully, so far !
I’ve knitted the front panel and I’m  almost finished the back centre panel, just a little more to go. I hadn’t considered making a lace section on the sleeves but I may go for it ? My initial plan was to knit plain sleeves.
 I need to prepare or source the yarn for the other part of the sweater ie the side sections and sleeves. I have an idea to use a grey dk (previously an unwanted sweater) which will be held with navy mohair. I’m not totally sure about this ? I think, it may need to be a navy colour. I don’t have a navy so I would need to buy some or possibly over dye the grey ?
My next task is to swatch the grey and check the look. I’ll make a large swatch to ensure I get enough of the contrast material. The side sections and the sleeves are quite a significant part of the sweater, so it’s important they work well together.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend. I’ll be back on Monday.




No comments:

Post a Comment