Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 15 October 2019

Blue Beads

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing a new sample bracelet today. This new Collection is all about the colour ‘blue’.

          

I worked on the beads last week and have put together a sample bracelet (see my photo story). Inspiration for this  Collection has come from knitting my latest sweater, featured on the blog yesterday. Look back to see the details. 
There will be a number of additional designs in the Blue Collection, including beads similar to those in the sample bracelet. However, each bead is an individual item and formed with unique colour combinations. 
I’m also incorporating sterling silver into the designs and will play with developing rings, pendants and earrings. I’m hoping I can make ‘poly gems’ for each of my silver pieces. My plans are to produce something similar to a cabachon (a gemstone which has been shaped and polished, the resulting form is usually a rounded shape with a flat reverse) component.
I’ll keep the silver element simple and allow the poly gem to steal the show.
I love big rings and the poly gem idea will allow me to have a very large ring which is quite lightweight to wear. I’ll share my Collection progress over the next few weeks.

Thanks for calling in today.




No comments:

Post a Comment