Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 29 November 2019

Silver Sample

Hi Everyone 
I’ve not had very much time this week for anything other than house decorating ! I’m deep into painting our home with lots more to go ! All is going well but house painting is not my favourite thing, so a few hours Making in my week is a wonderful antidote. I’ve been developing a new range of Silver Stuff and my sample (prototype) today is a pair of earrings.

                 

The range will be centred around the slightly different shaped rings. I wanted to try and create pebble like rings which are linked to create movement within each piece. I’ve developed a batch of pebble rings which are inspired by little pools of water on a flat surface. I want the rings to move and flow along with the wearer. Easy to imagine with the earrings.
I have a necklace in mind for the next piece. This is a bit more of a challenge. I’d like the necklace to be quite short and sit around the neckline of a t shirt. I’ve been working on ideas to develop a clasp which will form a smooth but easy link to my necklace, allowing a perception of movement within the shape (around the neckline). I’m hoping, I can also produce a bracelet and a few rings following a similar theme. I’ll share the photos when I have something in place. 
My photo story today shows the first earrings in my Collection. There are several pairs of earrings with various modifications to the pebble ring shapes and differences in ’movement’. I’m planning to wear the first design of earrings today - much excitement !

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend. I’ll be back on Monday with more Making stories.


No comments:

Post a Comment