Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 25 November 2019

Knitting Chat

Hi Everyone 
Today, I’m sharing a new knitting project. I’ve pulled out a sweater/tunic (Linnea Tunic by Stella Ackroyd) which wasn’t working for me. I love the design of the Linnea but I’ve chosen the wrong size and it’s much too large. The garment swamps my frame, I’ve only worn it once or twice since making it, several years ago. Take a look at the design here. I like the idea of the design and love the yarn. 

                 
               


The yarn is Baa Ram Ewe Dovestone DK in the Aire colour. You can check out the details of the yarn here. This particular yarn has been discontinued but there is a replacement called Winterburn DK - read about the new yarn here.
I have 300 gm of yarn from my Linnea Tunic and can’t  quite decide wether to make a much smaller version of the same pattern or go for a Nuuk pattern, my favourite small sweater design. Check out the Nuuk sweater by Joanna Hietala here
My overall aim is to produce something more like a short, layering garment. As the Dovestone has been discontinued, I’m planning on using my 300 gm to complete my garment. I have seen a number of Dovestone yarns available for sale, so I’m sure at could get more but I’ve given myself the 300gm limit. I’m not sure what the yardage of my yarn will give me but the Linnea was quite a bit bigger than I would want my reworked sweater, I’m hoping all will be well ! I’m going for a short, waist length garment, so my choice is between short sleeves (as with the Nuuk) or no sleeves (as per the Linnea). I’m leaning towards the Linnea at the moment, simply because I already have two Nuuk sweaters.

I’ll report on my decision in a few days. I have several knitting projects on the go, although both are coming to an end in a few days. There is also a long queue of projects - I’ve a feeling this sweater may leap to the top !

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment