Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 28 January 2020

Sewing Options

Hi Everyone 
As I mentioned yesterday, I have another new sewing project in the planning. I have a number of options, in my mind.

                

I had, more or less, decided on the specific design. However, I have some doubts and keep wondering if my trusted LB Pullover would work better (bottom right image). The initial idea for my project is The Boxy T Shirt by Makers Atelier. I especially like a version which adds a ribbon trim (see my image, bottom left). I love the ribbon trim but also the raised front line of the T Shirt and the wide cutting of the cuff. However, I know, the LB Pullover is such a great fit for me and I’ve been wondering if it’s a safer choice ? I could also add the ribbon to the LB, so it’s a difficult one ! I’ll read about and ponder the details of the Makers Atelier and make my decision before the end of the day. 
My fabric is a pretty bright blue colour and quite a lightweight, drapey, woven fabric. It’s rather silk-like but probably a polyester or maybe a viscose ? I’m not sure when or where I bought the fabric ? I probably bought it around the time I received the Makers Atelier magazine (Spring/Summer 18) but I’ve no idea where it came from. 
The magazine goes into several versions of the TShirt pattern, giving a range of different looks. I would love any of them. My only issue is the fit. This project is such an easy, quick sewing project and I should stop procrastinating and just get on with it ! I have lots of fabric and can make several versions of both patterns. I think, I’m talking myself into the Makers Atelier choice. I’ll let you know tomorrow.
Just a note about the Makers Atelier Magazine, it’s a beautiful publication. Lots of interesting articles and each magazine contains a pattern. Check out Makers Atelier stuff here, everything they do is very stylish. The photography in the magazine is exquisite and such a joy to browse, especially inspirational.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment