Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 31 January 2020

Knitting News

Hi Everyone 
I spent a lovely couple of hours a few weeks ago at my local yarn shop, Fine Fettle Fibres, enjoying squishing and marvelling yarn at a Trunk Show from Old Maiden Aunt . The pop up shop had so many lovely yarns, I struggled to decide on something in particular (rather than everything) on display. I could have bought the whole lot. However, I have so much yarn in my stash I did need to exercise discipline. 
In the end, I managed to come away with a skein of beautiful baby alpaca/silk/cashmere 4 ply in the far daring colourway. The colour is lovely but the feel of the skein is something else, extraordinarily luxurious ! On the day, I also purchased a shawl pattern by my lovely friend, Stella Ackroyd. Stella had knitted up this design in a similar coloured yarn (from Old Maiden Aunt) and the sample kept drawing me in. 

                

Knitting the shawl will be a challenge for me. It’s an overall lace shawl and I always struggle with lace patterns. Hopefully, this project will help me to be disciplined in following a the pattern. I’m hoping I can cast on later today. I think, I need to knit my Gingersnap during the day. I’m planning on putting aside a short time each day or every other day (during the day) to knit my shawl. I tend to knit at night, watching TV and lace knitting (for me) needs to be something I concentrate on, following the pattern will need my full attention.
I’ve finished my current sweater knit, the tarasgeir sweater - you can check out the details here. I do need to block the sweater but it’s time to plan the next one. Very exciting ! I’m hoping to organise my next sweater, later today. I’ll let you know what I decide to do - on Monday. I’ll also get some finished tarasgeir photos when the sweater has been blocked but I do love the design, already.

Have a great weekend. I’ll be back on Monday with more Making stories.




No comments:

Post a Comment