Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 29 January 2020

Knitting News

Hi Everyone 
I’ve almost finished my latest sweater knit, tarasgeir by Flora Kennedy. The sweater looks great and it’s been quite an easy knit. I have changed quite a few parts of the pattern. I wanted a less fitted sleeve and have changed the top of the sleeve to give a dropped shape (at the shoulder). This change resulted in changes in the way I knitted the whole sleeve, so I’m hoping it’s going to look as I’d hoped. I have tried on the sweater at various stages but it’s never quite like the finished garment fit, until everything has been done. I’ve also altered the length, very slightly. The sweater pattern is cropped and I added a few centimetres as well as widened the bottom by adding more cast on stitches. The sweater is knitted bottom up.

                  

I need to sew up the sides of the sweater and sleeves, I’ve pinned them together for now. My aim was to have a sweater which would be good for layering over dresses and t-shirts, so I wanted a more boxy shape, hopefully, that’s what I have !
I’ve used Wensleydale Longwool to knit my sweater, it’s lovely to knit and I’m interested to see how it blockout. My plan is to try on the sweater, use
Mattress Stitch to sew up the sides and block, I’ll let you know how things go.


Thanks for calling in today.



No comments:

Post a Comment