Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 30 January 2020

Silver Sample

Hi Everyone 
This weeks Silver Sample is a pair of earrings. I’m calling the design Circulus.

                   

These earrings are very simple and easy to wear. I’ve used 1mm Sterling Silver wire for this pair, my design drawings came up with three different sizes and I’ve chosen to make the medium (M) version to start the prototype. I’m happy with the size. The shaping is a little more tricky than it may first appear, which took me by surprise! The length of the ‘legs’ (in proportion to the circle) is quite important to balance the earring. One leg is slightly shorter than the other. The back leg needs to be longer. I’ve chosen to flatten the legs (after lots of indecision) and I’m happy with the final design. I still need to polish the earrings but I like them. 
I struggled to get a photo of the earrings in action, they move around (slightly) and tend to be almost invisible in some ‘full on’ frontal views ! However, you get the idea and my photo, bottom left, gives an idea of the shape in the ear.
Thinking about the other size earrings, in my drawing plans, I’m not sure if the small size will work ? My plans have chosen the same leg length with a smaller hoop. I think, I need to rethink the length of the legs ? I did draw out the earring plans in actual size and they looked ok but having made the M size, I think I need to shorten the legs. I would like to try out a smaller earring, my everyday choice is always - small. I’ll share the results of more experiments, next week. I also have an idea for a necklace charm using the same idea, so that may appear too !
Thanks for calling in today.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment