Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 8 January 2020

New Nuuk

Hi Everyone 
I’ve finished my latest version of the wonderful Nuuk Sweater by Joanna Heitala. This is my fourth version of the design. You can check out my previous Nuuk sweaters here.
The latest Nuuk is in its second form. I’d used the same yarn (an old Merino yarn from way back - in my stash, held together with a Malabrigo Lace). The yarn is roughly a DK weight. I love the colour, it’s a vibrant lettuce green, the photo bottom right is probably near to the true colour.

               

My version 1of the Nuuk - see bottom right image, was slightly too small across the shoulders as a result of the gauge. I should have gone up a needle ? However, I’m not sure the long sleeves and longer body worked for me ? I like the more versatile layering options of the short sleeves sweater. I’ve also made the latest version wider and slightly cropped and it’s great. I’m much happier with the result.
I need to sew in the ends and it’s ready to wear.

Thanks for calling in today. I’ll be back tomorrow with another Making story.


No comments:

Post a Comment