Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 23 January 2020

Silver Sample

Hi Everyone 
I have a new Silver Sample to share today, this time it’s a ring. I was inspired to make this ring by a Pinterest image and it’s been in my head for quite some time. I experienced a few issues with my solder points but eventually, I worked it out.

                 

I used a combination of 3mm and 2 mm Sterling Silver wire for my ring. The main part of the band is 3mm wire and the two top rings use 2mm wire. I love the result. The ring is comfortable to wear and sits nicely on my middle finger. It’s a statement piece and not for everyone but I like big rings and I’m going to enjoy wearing this one. I just need to polish my ring and am hoping to do this, later today.
Although, the ring looks very simple, I needed to shape the band to accommodate the placing of the two separate rings on my finger. The rings are different sizes and I wanted the smaller ring to sit on the top of my finger. It took quite a few attempts to shape all the elements in order to balance the design. I didn’t want the ring slipping around my ringer, often an issue with big rings. Hopefully, the positioning of the top ring components will keep the whole piece in place - as I go about my business.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment