Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 10 January 2020

Silver Sample

Hi Everyone 
I have a Silver sample to share today. The sample is almost there, I need to shape the hoop part (which goes through the ear). I think, I’m going for something I call a Balloon hoop. You can see an example of this style here.

              

This new earring design is made up of three short pieces of sterling silver wire, stacked and attached to the ear hoop. It’s a very simple design but works well as a balanced weighted earring. I made the stacked component and soldered the stack to a balled/hammered long post. The post will now be shaped into the balloon. I’ll add a small transparent plug to keep the earring in place, I’ve had a few disasters when the earring has been lost, in the past. 

Thanks for calling in today. 
Have a great weekend. I’ll be back on Monday with more Making stories.


No comments:

Post a Comment