Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 17 January 2020

Sewing News

Hi Everyone 
I have a tiny bit of sewing news today. A new pair of pyjamas under construction, I’ve made some bottoms and have been waiting for more fabric to be delivered to make the top. My fabric is leftover stuff from previous nightwear projects and I did think I may have enough to make the top. However, there was absolutely no fabric left. I managed to patch a couple of fabric designs together for the bottoms. I like the look of the two different colours together and have ordered exactly the same designs again to complete the pyjama top.

           

My fabric comes from Minerva Crafts (a regular favourite place to shop for fabric) and I seem to have bought the last bits in my chosen designs ! There are lots of other colours/designs in the same cotton fabric and at a very reasonable price - check out their offers.
I’m using my regular pyjama pattern for the basis of my set. This is the Butterick B5792 pattern, a very simple pattern which allows for lots of options re trims and slight changes. I’ve made several different nightwear sets, all with slightly different necks, arms and trim options. 
My pyjama bottoms have an added contrast hem on the legs as well as me made bias binding trim at the waist. This trim is simply an embellishment and has been added after I’d completed the waist, it has no other purpose than to look pretty ! I love the look of the bottoms and will hopefully come up with something creative to compliment the set, when I get to the pyjama top.
I’m also considering a simple dressing gown if I have enough fabric left. My idea is to develop an oversized, simple wrap over garment - perhaps thigh length ? - the amount of fabric will determine how long ! Hopefully, I can spend some time over the weekend working on my nightwear set.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend and I’ll be back next week with more of my daily Making stories.






No comments:

Post a Comment