Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 9 January 2020

Blueberry Cowl

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing a new completed knit today. This is a project that has been underway for a while and reworked several times. This is not unusual, for me ! I started with a crochet cowl project and completed the cowl, however, the finished item didn’t really work. All my crochet stitches merged into a very tightly worked fabric. There was very little definition of the pattern and wearing the cowl was uncomfortable. The finished fabric was solid and did not bend. Generally, it was unwearable. 
My final approach (after several attempts) was to find a knitting pattern which I liked. I’ve taken inspiration from a recent sweater project (check out the initial stages of the idea here).

          

I’ve renamed the cowl - the Blueberry Cowl. I’m using leftover yarn from my recent Woodbine Sweater - see the finished sweater here. I have designed a central column using a very simple lace with a few cables. The sides are stocking stitch. My cowl is great. The size is just right and it’s blue, my favourite colour. All is well !
Good news,  I have more of the memade yarn leftover from the Woodbine Sweater the Blueberry Cowl and have yet another knit underway. This time it’s socks. I’m using the memade yarn for a folded, chunky cuff and a much finer 4 ply for the foot part of the sock. I’ll share progress as it develops. I’m in the very first stages and have just completed the first cuff and started the foot.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment