Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 13 January 2020

Knitting News

Hi Everyone 
I have a new knitting project underway- another sock design. This time, I’m developing a toe up design with an afterthought heal. I’m using a traditional 4 ply sock yarn in blue for the majority of the sock. The cuff will use one of my own spun yarns in a sport weight. My socks will be called Blueberry Socks.

             
                  


I have tested a cuff down version of the sock which didn’t quite work for me. The sport weight yarn required a relatively larger needle, initially I used 4.5mm, the transition to a 2.25mm needle (for the finer yarn) required a gradual decrease of stitches. Ultimately, the plan needed a rethink. I wanted to develop a finer sock foot but with a chunky look to the cuff. The finer foot part is important, in order to wear with regular shoes. My plan is to complete the foot part of the sock and play with different transitional arrangements for the cuff.
Things are working well at the moment. I’ll share progress as I find my solution to the process.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment