Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 20 January 2020

Jewellery Inspiration

Hi Everyone 
Today, I’m sharing a great book I was given as a Christmas gift. I’ve not had time to test out any of the ideas yet, today is the day I’m planning to choose the first one. I’ve been attracted to stonesetting for as long as I’ve been making jewellery but my stone setting projects have been rather limited,so far. I’ve developed a range of basic bezels and have made a few Claw settings but don’t have the skills or knowledge to achieve much more. 
This book, StoneSetting by Melissa Hunt, is amazing and I’m looking forward to trying out all of the techniques and suggested projects in the book. The book also details the types of stones available with detailed descriptions and characteristics of a wide range of stones. 

                

I particularly like all the samples on the cover of the book but my current favourite is a Tension Set stone in a simple Sterling Silver band (ring). Sometime soon, I’ll develop my version of this ring. I need to find a suitable stone for the job.
I especially like Citrine(yellow) and Peridot(green) stones, probably because of the colours. I have a very small Citrine in my collection and this week, I’m going to work on a bezel for this stone, to add to a ring. I should have something to share in my Silver Sample, later in the week.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment