Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 24 January 2020

House Sewing

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing a little project for my newly decorated (only downstairs to date) house today. I’m not completely finished decorating but it’s time to start with the final soft furnishing bit (downstairs). I’m much more enthusiastic about this part of the process. Painting walls and woodwork is not exactly my favourite thing ! However, I’m very happy about the results and the difference in the house. I have upstairs to tackle but I want downstairs to be completed, first.
So, back to my Make for today. It’s a large cushion cover. 

               

I have lots of new cushion covers, some have been bought but I’m also making others. The large covers have been made from a throw which I already had. I’ve purchased some pompom trim in a soft grey colour and it’s a great contrast with the ginger shades of the throw. I love the result. I have one more cushion to sew up, using the same fabric. I’ve prepped the second cushion and it’s ready to go. Each edge of the fabric has been sewn with my Overlocker, to seal the fabric first. Sewing the trim in place is slightly tricky, I wanted the little pom-poms to be visible without the actual tape showing on the edge of the cover. I’ve probably over prepared by basting each stage in place and sewing each edge separately. It’s very easy to catch the pom-poms as they are sandwiched between the fabric pieces. I’m checking and removing any sections which are not perfect. I’ve only needed to resew a very small section - all is well.

Thanks for calling in today.
 Have a great weekend. I’ll be back on Monday with more Making stories.


No comments:

Post a Comment