Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 22 January 2020

Room Art

Hi Everyone 
I’ve been spending a little bit of time printing with my Gelli plates. I’ve had a lovely few hours, just messing about with paint. It’s a very long time since Ive done this and I’m definitely going to keep going - so uplifting with a little bit of frustration mixed in ! The inspiration for starting my experiments with paint (last week) was a need for some new bits of Art for my newly painted lounge. I hesitate to use the term Art, it sounds rather pretentious. However, I’m hoping I can use my Art prints to pull together new colours and textures in the room. The term Room Art is perhaps more appropriate ? My view is that I can’t buy what I need so I’m Making it. I’m using the prints to bring a little interest to the walls and will keep changing them until they work in the room. I’m not precious about the prints, if they work in terms of colours and textures, they will stay for a while. 
Here’s a quick look at the first batch of prints before going into their frames :

           

I’ve used acrylic paints, printing blocks and stencil masks in the prints. I have another batch of prints underway - I’m going to brighten up the colour range, more yellows and oranges. My aim is to create lots of layers, developing depth and bringing a ‘light and dark’ thing to the images. 
I have a number of traditional frames to fill but I also have a few large canvases. I have an idea to create an abstract street of houses using my prints ? This may or may not work - hopefully, I’ll know by the end of the week. I’m not totally sure how a I will do this but I’m keen to test out some ideas.  I’ll share the final pieces when a I have them. This house idea cam from a recent Gelliarts video blog post, it’s a fabulous idea and I’ll be creating some of the individual houses for another wall feature, check out the video Gelliarts video here. I’ll be using my own colour palette but the plan is the same.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment