Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 23 June 2014

Knots or not ?




Hi Everyone
Another week begins - it's already busy with lots of deadlines looming. My lists are much too long and Im panicking ! - deep breadth required. I will just need to work faster !
Now for other chat - last week, I ordered a range of silver findings to complete a few jewellery pieces which needed knots to be covered (in my design). The bits have all arrived and are without exception useless for the job. I need to redesign or accept the knots being on display. I'm not sure why I have a problem with knots ? Certainly, the bracelets (for me) work better with an elastic threading construction. However, all the pieces look OK ..... just not good enough ! Ive learned more about initial design with this recent range of projects and all the problems they have thrown up.
Here is a few photos of the work.










The Make Art Monday word for bits week is POWER. I have a few ideas of what I can create this week and have started a sketch. I'm going back to paint this week - an abstract with strong colours and a simple design.

On Friday I mentioned being inspired by some fantastic paper bead bracelets designs. I'm going to have a go at making something similar but using clay instead. I thinks it's the colours I like. This is the one in particular that has caught my eye.


While pondering the bracelet design and looking for spare beads in my current stash I came across a few flay beads and lots of bits of clay which I'd cut from some long tube beads. I didn't throw the bits away, not sure why ? Anyway, I decided to try and make the scrap into something in true recycle mode. Here is what I cam up with.



I like the way the bracelet looks but it doesn't feel great on my wrist. I'm back to the elastic versus string again ! These beads have not been finished as such. They have a few rough edges and they are not sealed or polished. The string is a tiny bit tight too. Ive decided to re string and seal the beads. The rough edges seem to right for this style. I'll reconsider when the bracelet fits. The jury is out on this one.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment