Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 15 April 2015

Paper Insects

Hi Everyone
I'm still 'chasing myself into the week' !! (after the Easter break). So, I've planned a follow up from my last Tools and Techniques Series post which talked about a mini stencil project. I made some small insect stencils from cutting dies and I planned to make some decorative gift packaging using the negative shape - left by the die cuts. In addition, I will develop some co ordinating  tag labels.
I've tried out a few different stencilled moth shapes but haven't completed the butterfly version. My experiments will produce a small selection of gift wrap papers and  tags. I'm hoping to turn the wrap papers into little gift pockets for jewellery items. I want to test out materials which will suit the project and have a few options and colour styles.
This project will find its way into one of the Making Projects and a new drop in workshop. I need to thoroughly develop/source the right tools and materials for the project so this will be an important aspect of my experiment today.
In the meantime here are a few images of the results so far :
                              

I will try out watercolour, acrylic and chalk paint as well as wax crayons to produce the stencilled images. I will also experiment with a variety of different papers. 
I've always had an unexplainable fascination with insects, I especially like ant like insects, perhaps I will move on to more exotic versions at a later date ? In the meantime, wish me luck for today !

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment