Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 23 October 2018

Necklace ‘to be’

Hi Everyone
If you called in to my blog last week, you will have come across a little necklace project, under construction. If you missed the post, check out the details here. I’ve been waiting for some leather cord to arrive to finish the job. It’s here. The cord has arrived and I can move on. However, as with most creative projects (in my world), there will be changes to my original plan. 

                  

The idea for the necklace was inspired by a piece of fabric, soon to be a dress. The fabric is a lovely print cotton from Sea Salt. I love the different shades of green and I’d like to pick up some of the shades in my necklace. 
I’ve developed beads which are very close to a particular green in the fabric but my cord is a very different shade. I feel the contrast is too much. I think, I need to develop another couple of shades of green for a few more beads, maybe not ? I’m not sure at this stage. I think, I need to thread the beads and review. Any new beads need to be the same shape and size but with another slightly different surface texture, subtle but different. 
Having checked out the cord, my holes in the beads need further attention. I need to slightly enlarge all the holes. It’s a fine line re the size of the holes. I want the beads to have a slight bite to keep the beads in place rather than slide. I’m not sure how this project will turn out. I’m hoping I can play with the ideas and something will work for me.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment