Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 18 October 2018

New Making Workshop Project

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing a new Making Workshop Project today. This is a return to sewing and construction skills (in the Workshop) and we are making a Notions Pouch. The pouch is a lined and zipped bag and has lots of possibilities re extra design features. We will make a simple version in our workshop but the construction process could offer lots of different decorated bags. In my sample, I chose to use two bright coloured fabrics and a 20cms zip.

             

We don’t have sewing machines in the workshop so all our stitching will be done by hand. There’s not so much stitching in my sample and I made the pouch in an hour or so. The way in which the bag is constructed allows all the stitches to be hidden inside the bad, giving a very professional finish. If a sewing is used, the bag is a very quick make. 
The size of the bag is totally dependent on the length of the zip and any size is possible, however, we will offer two sized. The finished size of my sample is approximately 20x14cms. 
I’m also going to make a 10cm zip version bag as an option in the Workshop. I’m thinking of reversing the fabrics, the spot fabric on the outside and the flowers as a lining for the smaller bag. I’m also going to make a few mini charms (as per our last workshop )to add to the zip.

No comments:

Post a Comment