Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 26 October 2018

Polymer Flowers

Hi Everyone 
Yesterday, I shared some little flower charms, devised for the Notions Pouch Project. Take a look at yesterday’s blog for more on the story. The charms, initially, were inspired by the fabric I used for the pouches. However, I’d also seen a very pretty necklace worn by someone on YouTube. After lots of research, I found the necklace Maker on Etsy, layla amber. The top left image on my photo story shows this necklace. The Autumn Wild Flower Necklace is made from Birch wood ply and hand painted. This necklace, although lovely, is not usually my sort of thing. However, I’m somehow drawn to it. After making the flower charms for the pouches, the layla amber flower necklace idea presented itself. I played around with some small flower moulds in my kit and came up with an idea, using polymer clay.

                  

The layla amber necklace (flower element) is approximately 8cmx3cm, so I followed this measurement (roughly) to give a similar size for the flower/bead pendant element of the necklace. That’s as far as I’ve gone with the design. I think, I will create some kind of inner frame using embedded wire with a small (invisible- from the front) plate to mount the flowers. I enjoyed making this little piece so much, I’m planning a few more.

My version has a very different feel to the layla amber version but I’m still very pleased with my efforts. I love the colours and the varied shapes of the flowers. I’d like to acquire a few more moulds to change the range of flower options. I need to work on the quality of the finish for each flower and the mounting plate but it’s a good start.
I see my necklace being worn as a statement piece alongside a few of my outfits, all very exciting ! I’ll finish the piece with an antique bronze chain, similar to the layla amber version.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend. 
I’m off on a family holiday next week and will be back with more stories on Monday 3rd November. I’m hoping to add a few photos stories throughout the week, if I can get internet - always a problem in remote areas !

No comments:

Post a Comment