Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 2 October 2018

La Patisserie Project

Hi Everyone 

Today, is a Making Workshop. The first workshop of our new season. This time we are making little polymer charms. The idea is to develop small cupcakes or other patisserie style pastries using polymer clay. I was initially inspired by some of the tiny house cakes (top left image) in my photo story for this project. As I started moulding the clay, I moved into other cakes and pastries and extended the range to include Eclairs, Vanilla Slices, Macaroons and more. 

                  

The finished charms can be attached with jump rings to anything (eg bracelet or necklace etc) but our aim today will be the make stitch markers or key ring charms. I personally use these little charms with all my knitting/crochet projects. The charms give me lots of pleasure each time I reach into my notions pouch and wonder which cake will appear. 
Making the cupcakes can be tricky because the different elements of the cakes are so small but re creating cream and coloured fruit, sprinkles etc is lots of fun. I’m hoping to make myself some new stitch markers in the workshop today. I’m not sure what exactly will turn out ? I’ll take a few images from our workshop and share the results over the next few days.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment