Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 17 October 2018

Sewing Inspiration

Hi Everyone 
Over the last few weeks, I’ve been obsessed with making a shirt Dress. This idea seems to creep into my thoughts most days. I have lots of fabric in my stash and need to narrow down ideas, for how my dress should look. I can’t find a pattern for the perfect shape. There are lots of dress patterns that come close to my perfect shirt dress but not the one ! I’ve spent lots of time looking for dress patterns and there are many patterns out there. I’d like a soft, brushed cotton fabric, I don’t have this kind of fabric but I have lots of other stuff.

               

I’ve put together a little photo story, to help me decide which specific dress shape I like. In the four options above, I like all the dresses. However, each dress has design issues. The dress which comes closer to my perfect look is the Alder Dress. I particularly like the bodice and the skirt but I’d like sleeves. The Blaire dress bodice and grown on sleeve is great too but I’d like a gathered or pleated skirt and longer sleeves. The Flip Collar Shirt Dress has similar issues but I do love the top of the bodice. The Reeta dress has most of the design points I’m looking for but the sleeves need to be longer and I’m not totally convinced by the way the gathered waist is achieved. 
I think, at this stage, I’ll probably end up going for the Blaire Dress pattern and hacking it to include longer sleeves and a gathered skirt. I do like the Alder Dress. I think, eventually, I’ll make an Alder Dress, just as it it. But for this project, the Blair pattern has it (with all the changes I’ve highlighted). I’m going to keep thinking about this until I’m happy with my decision.

Thanks for calling in. There will be more news on this one. I’ll share when I’ve made my decid
Bye for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment