Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 8 October 2018

Making (more) Bags

Hi Everyone 
I’m introducing yet another bag Make today. This time it’s to be made from leather. Making anything from leather is new to me, so lots of research needed. I’ve long been thinking about making a leather bag but have struggled to acquire the right kind of leather material for the job. However, after a unplanned visit to one of our (almost) local fabric shops, the leather pieces presented themselves. I needed to buy them. I love the dark red colour and am quite excited about this one.

                  
I’m not 100% sure how this one will progress ? I need to research basic leather sewing techniques and associated tools. I feel, there’s a need to take this one very slowly. The leather is very soft and luxurious in feel and I don’t want to ‘mess up’. I don’t have too much material, only three smallish squares so the finished bag will need to be quite small. I have a vague idea about a square shape for my bag with a short handle but that’s as far as it goes at the moment.
I’ll spend a few days researching and making plans. I’ll share my findings next week.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment