Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 11 October 2018

The Making of A Patch

Hi Everyone 
I’m giving a quick update on the patch progress linked to my recently developed project bags. There’s been a little bit of a delay ! I’ve had lots of distractions, some legitimate and some not ! Just to recap, I’ve been developing many project bags to try and organise current/ongoing Making projects and have decided to make specific patches to identify each bag. Take a look at the original post  here.

               

do have lots of existing project bags but they are full of unfinished projects, the idea is to gradually complete each project within a managed schedule of work. Fingers crossed that I can stick to this plan.
I love hand stitching. I’ve missed the little hand stitching embroidery sessions (a regular afternoon 30 min session) I worked on, earlier this Summer. My plan, a couple of weeks ago, was to re introduce these sessions but other things have got in the way. However, today’s the day - I’ll be starting again this afternoon.
My current patch (above) is underway. I’ve worked the Friday word and I should be able to complete my patch in a couple of afternoons. Famous, last words ! I usually find lots of inspiration while stitching, there’s lots of time to think and inevitably, the design gets more complicated and I end up extending the job. This is OK with me. If ideas present themselves, I’ll go with it !
When I do eventually finish, I think, I’m going to hem the patch and stitch it onto my bag using a sewing machine. I want the projects bags plus label patch to be robust and I think, the machined patch is the way to go and will look OK with my bag design.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment