Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 19 October 2018

Makeover Plans

Hi Everyone 
Sometimes, it’s important to recognise when a treasured knit isn’t working. The knit in question is my Linnea Tunic by Stella Ackroyd and I’m using Dovestone DK. I made this lovely garment last year and have tried many times to make it work for me. The completed sweater is beautiful, it’s a lovely colour and the yarn is wonderful. However, it doesn’t fit and it doesn’t suit my body shape. The garment is much too long and big all over. Generally, my skills re knitting the correct fit, have let me down. I’m drowned in the garment and I feel lost, when a I wear it. I’ve been up and down about this decision but in the end, I need to pull the whole thing out and start again. 

                        

I have the beginnings of a plan. I’d like a cropped cardigan, possibly with some element of lacework ? I’m not sure,  exactly ! First, I’d like to undo the sweater and rewash the yarn and while I’m doing this, I’ll do lots of research re cardigan designs.
There are so many fantastic options out there that keeping stuff in my wardrobe that I know I’m not going to wear is not acceptable. The yarn deserves better, as does my wardrobe. I’m quite excited about the idea of starting something new with this yarn and am going to make this project a priority. I’ll share my ideas as soon as I have some decisions.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend. I’ll be back on Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment