Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 16 October 2018

Polymer Clay Jewels

Today, I’m sharing progress on a mini project from last week. It’s a necklace. My necklace has been inspired by a piece I’ve seen a similar necklace in the clothing chain, Sea Salt. The Sea Salt version is made using painted, wooden beads with a cotton cord. My version is made up from polymer clay and leather thong.
I’ve started to finish the beads by rounding the threading holes with a bead reamer. I need to highlight the surface pattern with a very small amount of acrylic paint. I’ll then sand any imperfections and polish the beads.
                      
I’ve chosen to use a 2mm green leather cord for the stringing material. I feel the leather will add a contrasting green colour as well as give the beads a firm but slightly flexible shape. I’ll use several beads to finish the ends, at the end of the necklace. I may glue the beads in place or possible use a simple knit at the end ? I’ll wait and see how the design works out.

I’m hoping the subtle surface pattern will add interest to the beads. The surface pattern is a very simple series of narrow lines. Each bead is unique and hopefully the collective series will make my necklace an interesting piece.

                        

Thanks for calling in today. I’ll be back in a few days, sharing my finished piece.



No comments:

Post a Comment