Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 4 October 2018

The Repurposed Collection

Hi Everyone 
Following on from yesterday’s chat, I’ve managed to come up with a few ideas for my new jewellery Collection ‘to be’. Read back yesterday for the back story on this project. My ideas came quite quickly. I’m not entirely sure if they will all work as I imagine but I will process my plans and see how they look. Here’s a quick look at my sketch book :

             

Generally, I’m adding findings to feature and present the polymer beads (yesterday’s blog has photos of the beads). The issue for most of the designs is how to attach the metal to the clay ? Previous experiences have taught me that joining clay and metal can be tricky. So, with that in mind, I’m trying to think about design solutions which are secure (where the two materials meet). Mostly, I need to drill holes and attach some kind of embedded jump rings. I’m hoping the beads are up to the job ! All the beads are very old and as such (potentially) liable to split, when I drill. All but one bead has not been cured and I’m considering part curing all the remaining beads, to give the beads some kind of stability.
If the beads deteriorate or become damaged, I’ll remake them. I’d like to test out my designs and the process will help me check if they are viable. My sketches are very brief but enough for me to use them as a plan (see above). Hopefully, I can work thought the ideas as they appear in my notes. I’ll take lots of photos and makes notes during the process to share.


Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment