Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 24 October 2018

Sewing Plans

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing a new sewing plan today. This is a tunic design from a book called Uniform. I’ve had the book in my library for some time and have been looking for the perfect fabric to make it. I’ve actually cut out the tunic pattern in a washed linen. However, it’s a strange green colour and I’m not sure I like it ? The colour is called Light Green but it’s more of a washed out lemon colour. I’m thinking of ways of adding another print to the tunic which can help tone down the colour. I think, it maybe possible to dye the fabric, so this could be another option ? In the meantime, I’ve got another pretty print which, I feel, could work better. 

           

The pattern for my tunic is from the Uniform Book. It’s an interesting idea. The book includes knit instructions for the UNIFORM Cardigan by Madder. A top down cardigan, written in two weights (worsted and sport/fingering) with numerous body, sleeve, hem, and finishing options and sewing instructions with a paper pattern for the UNIFORM Tunic by Grainline Studio. A lovely garment with two body, sleeve, and neckline options. 

I love the idea of these projects. I also have some yarn for my version of the cardigan, a light grey wool. I’m hoping the lovely cotton print tunic will compliment the cardigan. 

I’m not sure when I can fit in my sewing but I’m hoping to cut out the pattern in the next few days.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment