Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 9 October 2018

Pincushion Underway

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing progress on my bobbin pincushion project. I have been trying to source a new bobbin for the job (read back here for the original project idea) and have commissioned a perfect size bobbin. The bobbin has been made and I’m in the process of deciding on my fabric and the decoration idea for the centre section of the bobbin.

                   

The inspiration bobbin (bottom right image) has a lovely natural, woven piece of fabric with embroidered mini bunting. I quite like that idea but will try out a few different ideas before deciding on the final design. I have lots of different fabrics in my stash which will be perfect for the pincushion element, Again, I’ll test out a few options before deciding. My bobbin is a much lighter coloured wood and I originally thought about adding a stain of some sort. However, I think, I’ll go with the lighter wood colour for the moment, although, I’m keen to distress the surface in some way. At the moment, the new bobbin has a rather high shine look, not quite what I’m after !
My next job is to create a pincushion of the right size with a very neat flat bottom which can be fixed to the bobbin. There are a few challenges ! I’ll share my progress as I go. More news in a few days.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment