Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 6 November 2018

Additional Fabric Required.

Hi Everyone 
I have a newish sewing project to share today. This dress pattern has been downloaded and ready to go for a few months but ........ I need some extra fabric to provide some contrast ‘pop’ to my plan. The pattern is the Pumpkin Dress by Cocowawa. I’m choosing to make the long sleeved, longer length version (see bottom left in the photo story). I don’t usually use downloaded patterns. I’ve deliberately avoided the download options for some time. I thought the whole process would be hugely problematic, the time, the number of printed pages (30 for the pattern and 30 for the instructions), the sticking together etc. However, I can genuinely say, I quite enjoyed this part of the preparation and am a convert. I also enjoyed making a special envelope for my pattern. I’m ready to go !

                
The pattern is written for stretch fabrics and I have a range of jersey fabric for my dress. At the moment, I’m going for the blue/navy stripe version but need to acquire some additional fabric for the edging sections. The dress pattern shows a button band, bottom band, cuff and neckband in a contrast colour and I’d like to use a contrast colour too. My problem is - which colour ? I keep thinking mustard or a bright green. I’ve also considered a patterned fabric. I’m hoping, I will know the right fabric when I see it. So, it’s all about looking.
One other little thing. I’m hoping to get an Overlocker machine as a Christmas gift and the question is, do I wait until at get The machine or do I go ahead using my old machine (limited to a zigzag stitch) ? I have enough of the main fabric to make a few versions of the dress so I may go ahead and make a dress using each machine ? This would allow me to create two very different versions.
Each day, I spend a little time looking for my contrast fabric online. I’ll keep going until I find the ONE. I could use the same fabric for the bands but somehow the contrast idea is more appealing to me. I’ll share the fabric choice(s) when I find it/them and may cut out the main fabric to get started !

Thanks for calling in today.



No comments:

Post a Comment