Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 14 November 2018

Breaking News

Hi Everyone 
Very exiting news for today, an Overlocker Machine is arriving. This will be my first overlocker/serger. I’ve been using my trusty old sewing machine for years and have been talking about an overlocker for about the same time. My old machine has zig zag plus stretch stitch options and has been great. But I want to make lots more knitted garments and like the finishing techniques offered by an overlocker. So, the time has come to invest in an overlocker. I’ve done quite a bit of research and asked lots of people about which model to go for. Eventually, I decided to go for a fairly low cost option. At one point, I did consider an expensive Baby Overlock model with air threading etc but ultimately (after lots of online chats) decided to go for a Brother machine, see my photo story for the model. 

              
My first Make will be the Pumpkin Dress. I talked about this project a few weeks ago but didn’t have all the fabric I needed (check out my original post here ). I’ve had a rethink about my fabric and have found some new  Jersey fabric, in my stash. I hope to make all the versions in the pattern, eventually. I have lots of suitable fabric for most of the options in the Pumpkin pattern Collection, although, I do need to acquire some plain stretch fabric for the trims (neck,cuffs, hems and button bands). Most of my jersey/stretch fabrics are highly patterned/striped and need some suitable contrast options.

Am so looking forward to getting to grips with my machine. I’ll be sharing all the high and lows of the first weeks, here on the blog. 

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment