Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 22 November 2018

New Knitting Plans

Hi Everyone 
I’m introducing a brand new knitting project. This is an idea I’ve been thinking about for quite some time. My new project is a cardigan called Jess by Kim Hargreaves. My idea has been inspired by flicking through a very old knitting booklet produced by Rowan in 2002. The book is all about Rowan Big Wool but I’m using West Yorkshire Spinners, Chunky Roving RE:TREAT. I’m hoping, I can achieve gauge.

                          

I’ve some recent experience, knitting with the RE:TREAT yarn and I think, I can make the pattern work. I quite like the fitted, chunky fit in the photo. This is not usually my thing ie fitted knitted garments, however, I’m making an exception with this one. I think, the project will be a quick knit. However, I’m not especially eager to finish the project quickly and will make sure I do lots of needle size experiments. I’ll share more details plans, when I have them.

Have a great weekend. I’ll be back on Monday with more Making chat.
Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment