Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 7 November 2018

Knitting Experiments

Hi Everyone 
Im sharing the results of a little knitting experiment I spent time with last week. The idea is very simple. I’ve made a rectangle of knitting using a 2x2 rib pattern. The idea is to develop a pair of fingerless mittens. I produced a little swatch and decided on the size and simply kept going until the fabric covered the length of my hand.

              

The yarn is a West Yorkshire Spinners - Chunky Roving : Re:Treat in a lovely blue colour. This yarn is lovely, very soft with a fuzzy halo. I love the ‘Denim Marl’ effect of the knitted fabric. I’ve chosen to use a size 4mm needle to give a tight fabric and the rib gives a great fit along the different contours of my hand. The mitten is knitted flat and I’ll simply, stitch along the length of the oblong shape, leaving a space for my thumb.
So far, I’ve  only produced one mitten to be but it's such a quick knit and I’m  sure I can finish the second pretty quickly. I’ll share the finished item sometime soon.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment